In order to provide you with the full range of services and events, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
This website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third-party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
What information will you collect about me?
Your personal information such as name, address, email address and phone number, or any other personal data which may reasonably identify you, may be collected by:
- Attending meetings and/or during telephone calls;
- Corresponding by email, in which case we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses;
- Supplying your personal information by signing up to receive a newsletter or to attend an event;
- Using our website, during which other personal data may be automatically collected, such as your IP address (please see the section on cookies, below).
How will this information be used?
We will use your personal information solely for the purpose for which it was provided and share it on a 'need to know' basis. We will not use your data for other purposes without your explicit consent.
We use cloud-based applications and providers for information storage. We only use suppliers who implement the same level of security controls (or stronger) as we do ourselves.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- We may contact you by post, email, telephone or text message. You may opt out/unsubscribe from such communications at any time;
- To provide or administer services;
- To communicate, provide and administer events;
- To update records;
- To comply with law enforcement.
- To contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide;
- To personalise the way contentful content is presented to you. IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use and to analyse and improve the services offered on the website e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience;
- To enable us to review, develop and improve the products, services and special offers online;
- To occasionally carry out market research
- To send you details of promotions, products, services, events, special offers and rewards that we think will be of interest to you. It's up to you to decide whether or not you want to receive this information.
As described in this policy, personal information will be retained by us and will not be sold, transferred or otherwise disclosed to any third party, other than for the purpose of lawful processing. Personal information may be anonymised / pseudonymised for the purpose of research to inform our marketing and development strategies or where such disclosure is required by law or court order.
If your personal information changes or you no longer wish to receive a particular communication from us please let us know and we will correct, update or remove your details. This can be done by emailing email@example.com
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable us and our service providers to provide you with the services you selected and/or events you have registered for.
An IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet. We use analysis software to look at IP addresses and cookies for the purpose of enhancing your user experience. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you and the log files are regularly purged. To find out more about cookies and how to delete them, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
When will you contact me?
We may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service or event you have signed up or registered for in order to ensure that we can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- in relation to any contribution you have made, e.g. surveys (participation is always voluntary)
- and for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this
Will you share my personal information with anyone else?
Generally, we will only use your information internally. However, sometimes we use third parties to process your information. We will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and we will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes. We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
Protecting your information
Any information sent to us is stored on a secure server so that it can only be read by authorised personnel.
Marketing our products and services
We may, subject to your consent, use your personal information to contact you with information about promotions.
What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to this website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
How long will you keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service or promotion.
Can I find out what personal information you hold about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information you should email firstname.lastname@example.org